why smoke joints/blunts

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by Tewks44, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Tewks44

Tewks44 New Member

im just curious, when your just chillin with your friends, what is the point of smoking joints/blunts. i mean, i understand why you would smoke a joint if you were on the move and it would be an inconvience to have to take out your lighter for every hit, but if your just chilling with your friends, you might as well smoke out of a bowl. why is this you may ask? first off, joints waste a lot of weed. I mean a lot. some tests showed that smoking out of a joint is only 10%-20% efficient, while smoking out of a bowl is 40%-50% efficient (even more efficient if its not cherried). if your smoking dank, this is a BIG deal. Also, when you smoke out of a join the tiny bit of weed at the butt of the joint is unsmokeable unless you have something like tweezers to hold it. with a bowl you can easily smoke every bit of your hard earned weed. any thoughts?

2. kontroversy

kontroversy Im Stpwned

Got a link to those tests? I smoke exclusively out of a bong, even if Im on the move.

3. drOnly

drOnly its blunt o'clock

Some people just prefer smoking blunts/joints. I myself prefer a bowl, but when im with friends we usually roll somthing up so its easier to pass. And sometimes i just like rolling up a nice blunt and taking it to the dome. Its just whatever right..as long as your smoking the herb who cares.

4. Tewks44

Tewks44 New Member

i looked for the info but couldnt find it. I remember, it was part of a ton of text, so i dont know the website it was on or anything, but if somebody finds info on how efficient it is to smoke out of a joint/bowl, please post.

5. FastRedCar

FastRedCar New Member

Theres just something about sitting down with a group of friends and passing a joint/blunt around. I prefer bongs though.

6. Bowlblaze

Bowlblaze Banned

7. NoNoNanette

NoNoNanette New Member

Honestly, guys, almost none of the "studies" done on this subject are very well cited and usually vary depending on the author's method of choice. Let's face it, with pot, you can make the facts look anyway you want......It's all personal choice.

8. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I love smoking joints. I could really care less about the efficency. Besides, I don't roll up the dankness, just schwag and mids. It gets boring only smoking out of bowls and bongs after awhile though, and a nice joint or blunt changes things up. I LOVE smoking joints to the head while driving abandoned gravel roads out in the middle of nowhere. I find it to be extremely relaxing.

9. Zandijuana

Zandijuana Member

^^
    Didn't tests also show that joints give you the most THC?

edit: Yeah that guy posted a link to it

In plus man, if you just smoke bowl after bowl and never leave your options open you might get bored of smoking weed after a while

10. Sam_Stone

Sam_Stone New Member

Well for one they get you high. And in the end that's all that matters. I like to smoke weed, and I like to smoke my bongs, bowls, bubblers, joints,blunts, g.b., knife hits. If I had a vaporizer (plan to correct that shortly) I know I would like that too. Variety is the spice of life my friend.

As for why smoking joints and blunts when your with your friends I've got my own opinion on the matter. Joints in my opinion should be limited to three people or less. They just burn to quickly, especialy when your dealing with a bunch of super lungs that will make a joint dissappear in about two rotations. But blunts are the perfect instrument for smoking with a group of people. They burn slower thus allowing several rotatations, and you don't have to constantly worry about stuffing the pipe are assuring a certian person gets some green hits.

11. ????

???? New Member

I love smoking out of bowls but theres nothing like having a nice fat blunt.
    Another thing is you dont have to refill joints like you do bowls.
    Carefree smoking:D

12. DO4

DO4 New Member

I smoke a J, because I like to get a little bit high and let it last. When I plan to get high again I'll do it. Or better yet, I'm one to just walk down the street smoking a j or a blunt and not worry about it. They are like cigarettes sometimes.

13. imported_replica

imported_replica Sr. Member

I don't like smoking J's, but then again, I don't smoke cigs. Bongs and bowls are pretty much a weed exclusive, so it's really more of the little pothead in me.

14. aepaepaep

aepaepaep New Member

I am usually driving around when I smoke, so very rarely do I smoke bowls, even though I love a nicely packed bowl. Joints usually for me, Or the occasional blunt

15. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

Man I hate bowls soo much. My question to you is, why do you like smoking out of something that has years of stale smoke built up inside? It tarnishes the flavor for the first few hits. Uhhh, I broke my bowl accidentally a couple months back and it split perfectly showing the inside of the bowl, and inside of the stem. I almost :vomit: when I saw what my smoke had been passing through all this time. Also, I get a lot more ripped off of blunts. I have no tolerance to tobacco so it sends me flying. ALSO, I love rolling, it is an artform that only true stoners can sculpt. So thats my :2cents:

16. drOnly

drOnly its blunt o'clock

True resin does build up but it doesnt really alter the taste of the weed, plus you can always clean it. IMO you get a cleaner tasting smoke out of a glass pipe or bong rather than smoking out of a flavored/tobacco blunt. Either way i love em both.

17. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

Yea I realize that, I was just trying to prove a point of how nasty they are hahahaha:D. Sue me;)

18. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

Its nasty if you don't clean it..but if you're like me you try to keep that fresh taste in ur glass as much as possible, so I am often cleaning my pipes/bong

19. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

I used to be a a big bowl person, but once you learn how to roll a joint, it's so nice, esspecially when you're alone or only with one other person.

It's not that ineffecient. The amount of smoke that leaves when it's not in your mouth is minimal. If you put the lit end in your mouth, it would take like 10 or more seconds for a whole hit to get in your mouth, man.

20. NoNoNanette

NoNoNanette New Member

They're called pipe cleaners for a reason. Use them. *smacks forehead*