Why so much confusion??

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by WickedxRebeL, Apr 25, 2012.

1. WickedxRebeL

WickedxRebeL New Member

So I am wondering why there is so much confusion regarding external contamination/recontamination after using any of the cleansing processes. Every testing lab website I have visited specifically states that they test for THC-COOH (the body produced metabolite from ingestion). This makes sense to me, as how can they fail you for other peoples actions? (i.e. Going to a concert). How can this be reintroduced to your hair externally? Also can your hair be recontaminated with THC-COOH from previous oil deposits off you hair from say, something like a pillowcase? I thought the substance was in the cortex of your hair and it would seem to me that the cuticle of the hair shaft would prevent this type of contamination. The way I see it is they either test for THC-COOH or they don't and they are lying. Is there a middle ground (grey area) that I completely missing? And if it is true then why are there so many people warning against using previously used towels, combs, Hats, pillowcases, etc.? Can One of the gurus on this site clarify any of this for me? It would greatly be appreciated. Thank you for all of the great work that you do!
    Best regards,
    D

2. WickedxRebeL

WickedxRebeL New Member

I suppose nobody is really too sure of the specifics on this subject? If seems like a pretty integeral variable of the cleansing process, especially if you have roomates, or even more so a significant other still tuff puffin, that you share a bed, pillows, etc with. Now I have heard about CPS taking custody of children who were around things being smoked, but in those cases I would suspect that they tested for the primary drug as well, seeing as a child being around a substance could constitute to child endangerment, but that seems like an entirely different set of circumstances than a pre employment drug screening. Does anybody have some reliable info here? Thanks
    D