Wild Dagga vs. Cannabis?

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by gstq, Jun 16, 2006.

1. gstq

gstq New Member

I'm thinking about switching to smoking wild dagga as an alternative to marijuana. I've never tried wild dagga but I've heard that it's basically the exact same thing as marijuana (per the high it produces). I mean, if this is true, then why am I spending $10 to load a joint that'll keep me high for an hour or two when I can be buying an ounce of wild dagga for $25?

Any comments?

2. nerphroll

nerphroll Sr. Member

Very very unlikely.

Nevertheless, Off Topic.

Please read the Posting Guidelines.

Specifically:
    [size=+2]Thread Closed[/size]

3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Dagga is just an African name for cannabis, like "marijuana", "pot", "weed", etc.

[size=+2]Thread Un-Closed[/size]

Wild cannabis is likely to be less potent than cultivated marijuana because it is of uncertain genetic heritage and because it has been allowed to go to seed.

4. walstmonky

walstmonky New Member

Yes, but 'wild' dagga is a name for an "herbal alternative" usually a plant known as Leonotis leonurus.

http://www.mazatecgarden.com/information/dagga_info.htm

Interestingly I only learned this because I was going to send nerphroll a PM and wanted to include a link so he could verify that dagga was just another word for cannabis.

5. nerphroll

nerphroll Sr. Member

Thanks dude,
    Whatever it is,
    it's (supposedly) less potent than Cannabis indica or Cannabis sativa.

6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Cool! :cool: I'd never have guessed that there is a difference between wild dagga and "wild dagga".

Of course, now we have no way of knowing if the original poster is talking about free-range cannabis (on-topic) or Leonotis leonurus (off-topic).

Perhaps he could get back to us with a clarification?

7. UnlikeyPothead

UnlikeyPothead New Member

Alright, well a while back my friend was researching legal alternative to smoking marijuana.

And boy did he do his homework.

[Off-Topic drug references deleted]

(BuzzNote: It is against site policy [the Posting Guidelines] to discuss the use or effects of any drug other than marijuana, including "legal alternatives".)

8. nerphroll

nerphroll Sr. Member

Let's try to keep things on topic. Anyone out there use WIld Dagga as in the "free range cannabis" type?

9. Brown_Bear

Brown_Bear New Member

Well, yea, I do. Due to living in Namibia (Africa), this is probaly the most commonly found type. I do also believe that it is also a cheaper alternative to cultivated cannabis.:D

10. [: Bud :]

[: Bud :] New Member

so..

So.. does it get ya high man?

11. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

Yeah, PM me with info please! Its not allowed to discuss it here, but I want to know, so let me know through PM!

I wanted to try other legal herbs myself.

12. kcbennie

kcbennie New Member

There is no alternative to marijuana.

13. glorious

glorious New Member

I have tried this plant with marijuana. The high kind of resembles marijuana. It is much more mild. You will get a head high with minor cognitive effects.The effects are much shorter than MJ. It may only last 10 minutes if smoked-max. Also, the smoke is much harsher than MJ. It is very very thick smoke. I would not use dagga as an alternative to MJ unless you are looking for something much more mild and something that won't last as long.

The only thing this plant has over MJ is apperence. The flowers are very cool looking