will plasma donating clean your system?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by twanderert, Mar 14, 2008.

1. twanderert

twanderert New Member

I understand that THC is stored in the body's fat cells and flushed out in the water/ plasma. If I go to the plasma center 2 times a week, will it shorten the amount of time it takes for me to pass a urine screen? I average 2-3 hits, 2-3 times a day, and I expect a screen for a state job soon. Anybody have a clue? I sure don't, but am hopeful...

2. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

No.

I you are concerned about passing, I suggest a couple steps:
    1 - Get a home test and take it with the first piss of the day to see if you are dirty or not.
    2 - Read both the DILUTION and SUBSTITUTION stickies at the top of this forum and use the information to formulate a plan for how you intend to pass this UA if it comes down.

3. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I believe that the dilution method will be more difficult when donating plasma, because you're dehydrating your body periodically. (Not to within dangerous levels)

I do, however, fully encourage blood donating, as often as your specific blood type and donation factor is needed (which is always).

4. Secs

Secs New Member

This is where you are wrong. THC is stored in the fat cells, but as fat cells are burned by the body for energy, that is when the THC is released and cleaned by the renal system and expelled from the body through the urine. THC is only detectable in the blood for 3-5 days. It can remain detectable in your urine from anywhere between 3 to 60+ days, depending on frequency of use.

Darque Pervert made a very good suggestion in getting home tests and testing yourself. There is no reason you should "estimate" or "guess" when you might be clean when home tests are readily available online very inexpensively.

You have some time. Getting a new job is in itself a job. If you work at it and do it correctly, there should be no reason you can't succeed.

5. FakeBoobsRule

FakeBoobsRule Nice legs are a must (LC)

I hope when people here the term filter or filter the blood components during donation or anything associated with the word filter don't think they are really cleaning the blood through a filter. They are separating the plasma from the rest of the blood and returning the non plasma components back to the donor.

To be totally accurate, you would get rid of some THC metabolites through plasma donation but it really wouldn't help you get clean in a statistically significant amount of time. Plasma circulates fatty acids and other lipids and this is where you would find the majority of THC metabolites when they are in the blood. But as Sec mentioned, your kidney and liver (don't forget the liver is responsible for 55-65% of THC metabolism and elimination) will filter the metabolites out. When you smoke or vape or eat marijuana, the THC is going to move quickly out of the blood and to fatty tissue and other organs. As your body eliminates these metabolites from fat and organs, it will move back into the blood and plasma but the liver and kidneys will work to eliminate these metabolites.

They replace the plasma volume taken with IV fluids at the end of donation.

6. ohionative

ohionative New Member

Apart from it doing nothing to help you, that's probably one of the most clever wrong ideas I've ever heard about cleansing THC from your body. Were you high when you came up with it?