Workmens comp urine test question

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by RatedRUser, Jul 7, 2011.

1. RatedRUser

RatedRUser New Member

Okay here's the deal, I hurt my foot at work and my job said it wasn't cut open neither was it broken so they didn't send me to the hospital. Well here my question it's been over 2 days and the swelling won't go down. I feel I should goto the hospital, I've been smoking for nearly 2 years. Now my question is two parts. If I go to the hospital and lie and say I hurt it at home and put it on my health insurance, can my job make me take a urine test? If they can is vitamin b complex and crap loads of gator going to help me pass? By he way I'm 5'11 and weight in at 145lbs.
  2. AFBP

AFBP New Member

You should alternate icing it with warm compress maybe.
    Not sure what you mean, if you have insurance claim will your employer drug test you? Or if you take time off for the injury they will test you? I have never heard of such a thing, and in the states you have rights under HIPAA. Your employer will only know what you tell them, your health care provider cannot disclose shit without SERIOUS repercussions.
    Hope you feel better soon man!!
  3. RatedRUser

RatedRUser New Member

I'm asking if I go to the hospital and instead of saying I got hurt at work, I say i was hurt at home that way my health insurance pays and not my jobs workmens comp. If the doctor says my pinky toe or foot is broken and they cast me up and give me time of work. Can my job make me drug test once I go back after the time off.
  4. AFBP

AFBP New Member

Not for a post accident, since there was none. Just tell them you hurt your other toe or whatever, tell them nothing more than you hurt yourself, none of their business. If they single you out for drug test, other than random, then I would think that you are a victim of discrimination, unless they test everybody. Think about this, unless they just really want rid of you, why would they incur the expense of a drug test?
  5. D3monic

D3monic New Member

If there is an extended away from work and you have to go on short term disability for a few weeks theres a chance that you would have to do a return to work physical depending on your companies policy.
  6. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Very true. But a "fit to return to work physical" rarely involves a DT unless there is just cause. I would certainly check your company handbook for the HR policy on returning from extended sick leave.
  7. RatedRUser

RatedRUser New Member

So I just back from the hospital and the doctor told me I broke my pinky toe. The doctor said my toe will take 3 to 6 weeks to heal fully and they gave me a prescription for some form of hydrocodoen. If they say I have to drug test won't the prescription they gave me pretty much ensures an fail of a piss test. Is there anyshape or form I can use the codeine in my system to a advantage? I called off work for tonight and have the next 2 days off what else can I do to prep for a drug test on Monday or Tuesday?
  8. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Synthetic opiates are outside the scope of a MJ forum. Suffice it to say that you could find those answers by Googling same.

If by "advantage" you mean why you tested non-negative for THC, then afraid not.

Details please. You say "I've been smoking for nearly 2 years." but never mentioned the all important frequency? Have you now been told that you will be tested?
  9. RatedRUser

RatedRUser New Member

I was a wake and bake smoker ie pretty much I smoked for the time I woke up to dang near the time I went to bed on my off days. I smoke every morning after I get off work cause I work from 10:00pm to 7:00am. I work 4 days a week and useually get about 2 to 3 days off. To answer the question before I have not been told that I have to take a drug test.
  10. dhug

dhug New Member

my husband hurt his finger on the job and went to the clinic for work comp - they did drug test him and he lost his job - dont risk it - i used some powdered urine for a recent pre emp hospital job and it worked and i am currently happily employed - better be safe than sorry
  11. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Your annoying posts could not be any more transparent. A quick look at your post history and it is obvious that you work for only one employer and that would be Test Clear. Makes one wonder the effectiveness of a product that needs a shill to post this transparent drivel in public forums. P/L must be looking a bit shaky this month.
  12. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Sorry to report that with your history of use you have very few options if you believe that you will be tested in the next few days or even the next few weeks.

One would be dilution which would not be my first choice. You would have to dilute so much that you would face the real possibility of your results coming up a negative-dilute. In other words, a fail.

A better option would be substitution. If you will not be observed while giving your speciman it is relatively easy to do. Should you choose this route you will want to research what the legal ramifications are, if any, if caught cheating during a Workmans Comp drug test.

There are threads posted at the top of this sub-forum that explain the techniques that are used for both.

My recommendation would be to suck it up, report for work and say nothing about the private treatment you received. Federal HIPPA regulations would make it impossible for your employer to know without your consent. I have broken more then a few toes and while it is certainly painful, it is not debilitating. Very doubtful that you were put in a cast so that hiding nothing more then a slight limp works in your favor. Remember that you can't fail a drug test that you don't have to take.

Wishing you all the best.
  13. dhug

dhug New Member

what are you talking about

i am giving my personal opinion of this subject and my personal experience is not that what this site is for - i have worked in the medical industry for 20 years and not test clear maybe you should research you replies further -
  14. dhug

dhug New Member

that is not even the product i used - you have turned me off to this site -
  15. RatedRUser

RatedRUser New Member

Yeah I didn't get a cast, but they gave me a walking boot so my toe doesn't bend when I walk that way It heals right. So far I've only missed a day of work due to the fact that my foot was still to swollen work. I found something out about my job, technailly I rights to sue my job AKA Walmart cause they didn't send me to the hospital the day it happened. Now some douche is at work saying the only reason I left work on the day I got hurt is cause I didn't wanna get drug tested. Truth is right after I got hurt at work my wife called my job because my father was rushed to the emergency room for shortness of breath. He happens to be a person who damn near every month ends up in the hospital cause of dietbeties and heart attacks. Now this time he has fluid on the lung AKA namoanya. My question is can my job drug test me based on he said she said?

By the way my little brother works at the same Walmart and my boss didn't even ask how I was doing. He said the only person who asked about is this hottie who's been trying to steal me away from my wife.
  16. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Wish I could provide you some comfort here but I am not a civil rights attorney and your situation has too many variables for me to even dare to speculate. My best advice at this point is to suggest that you seek legal council on this matter. Forewarned is forearmed.

All the best to you RatedRUser.