You can get high off of stems

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Klitz, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Klitz

Klitz New Member

This is my first post on here in months and i figured i should post because Ive been searching for a about an hour on here, whilst cutting up stems because I knew i was going to smoke them anyway, whether or not I could get high from a bunch of stems. I searched and found nothing but false information. I smoked everyday for about a year or 2, until around a year ago I decided I needed a tolerance break to get my life in check. Ive smoked about twice since then on very special occasions(Bonaroo!) and haven't since then(6 months ago). Ive smoked only the super-dank since Ive started smoking. Today I was bored so I decided I wanted to smoke some pot. Call everyone I know... I couldn't find any. So, I ground up all my stems in my magic bullet(yay), and packed some one-hitters with the dust. After about 4 hits I was absolutely stoned. Have been for about 45 minutes now. Very small headache, very high body and head buzz, very very stoned. END OF STORY.

2. TexasBud

TexasBud New Member

I would have to say you got high off shake or kief on the stems...Its not possible to get high off the stem itself....I was going to say the same about the headache though...it seems like anytime i grind up the stems with my smoke, I get a headache after about an hour or so! :thumb:

3. Kushy

Kushy down

If it's good ganja, there is probably a little bit of crystals on the outside. Since your tolerance was really low, it was enough to get you stoned. Most people however would barely feel a buzz from it.

4. FruitLoop

FruitLoop New Member

You realize smoking stems you're smoking wood? I would compare it to standing over a bonfire and inhaling with burnt up(no good) THC.

5. euphoric dreams

euphoric dreams Sr. Member

You know what else you get from stems? Headaches.

I would never smoke just stems... but my boyfriend did - never did it again.

6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

All parts of the cannabis plant contain some THC except the seeds and the roots. The reason people say you can't get high smoking stems is that there's so little THC in them that you get a headache from smoking all of that wood before you get enough THC to get high.

If you haven't smoked in months, it seems, even the miniscule amount of THC in stems is enough to get you off.

7. High

High as a kite

Why dont you just grind up your stems (this is if you have a screen in your grinder) and then shake your grinder a bit, put it in the freezer for two hours, shake it like a mother fucker then back to the freezer for 10 more minutes, then take it shake it once more real good.

Then look in you kief collector part of your grinder BOOM kief.... lots of it for how much you put in aye.